Walking is the oldest and cheapest way of getting around and is an excellent form of exercise. It can be enjoyed by people of all ages and all levels of fitness. We are very fortunate in that Milton Keynes is an ideal area for walking - it has relatively few hills and a vast network of footpaths, cycle paths and bridle ways - over 300 miles in fact within the city boundaries. These paths are well maintained and of a high standard, so you won't need much in the way of specialist equipment.
The Parks Trust has produced six self-guided walks to help you get out and about this autumn.
The Ivel Valley Walkers arranges walks around MK with an emphasis on walking with wheels.
There are many great places to explore in and around Milton Keynes in the great outdoors.
Milton Keynes has over 300 miles of footpaths and cycle ways, and there are many more miles of public rights of way in the countryside.
If you live in Milton Keynes and join the RA, you will automatically have membership of our group, the Milton Keynes Rambling Association.
The redways offer a vast network of safe paths to walk and cycle along throughout Milton Keynes. Download your redway maps here.
There are two walking groups for the visually impaired in Milton Keynes.
The Ivel Valley Walkers currently have around 350 members. Other local groups often join them too for good walks and a friendly welcome!
Our walks take us over fields, across ditches, stiles and streams and over rough terrain in all weathers. Information and advice for new MK walkers can be found here.
Do you like walking but find it difficult with a wheelchair or pushchair? Using this guide, you can walk with wheels to your hearts content.
- VIDEO: CCTV captures road rage drivers attacking car in Milton Keynes
- Boys try to rob 17-year-old in Milton Keynes
- School Disco raising money for charity in Milton Keynes
- Milton Keynes garden centre launches 'Great Christmas Tree Giveaway"
- The Hub pledges £1 to Milton Keynes Food Bank for every Facebook 'like'
- Milton Keynes Bus Timetables
- A true Winter Wonderland comes to Milton Keynes this Christmas
- Kings of Leon gig at Milton Keynes Bowl will be 'a classic' says promoter
- What's on at Milton Keynes Theatre
- Milton Keynes security firm to help police in Bletchley
- Football picture gallery: MK Dons v Dover Athletic