Walking is the oldest and cheapest way of getting around and is an excellent form of exercise. It can be enjoyed by people of all ages and all levels of fitness. We are very fortunate in that Milton Keynes is an ideal area for walking - it has relatively few hills and a vast network of footpaths, cycle paths and bridle ways - over 300 miles in fact within the city boundaries. These paths are well maintained and of a high standard, so you won't need much in the way of specialist equipment.
The Parks Trust has produced six self-guided walks to help you get out and about this autumn.
The Ivel Valley Walkers arranges walks around MK with an emphasis on walking with wheels.
There are many great places to explore in and around Milton Keynes in the great outdoors.
Milton Keynes has over 300 miles of footpaths and cycle ways, and there are many more miles of public rights of way in the countryside.
If you live in Milton Keynes and join the RA, you will automatically have membership of our group, the Milton Keynes Rambling Association.
The redways offer a vast network of safe paths to walk and cycle along throughout Milton Keynes. Download your redway maps here.
There are two walking groups for the visually impaired in Milton Keynes.
The Ivel Valley Walkers currently have around 350 members. Other local groups often join them too for good walks and a friendly welcome!
Our walks take us over fields, across ditches, stiles and streams and over rough terrain in all weathers. Information and advice for new MK walkers can be found here.
Hike MK is a walking group for younger adults in the Milton Keynes & North Buckinghamshire area.
- Formula One: Aussie desperate for first podium for Milton Keynes based Red Bull Racing
- Injured woman rescued from car fire in Milton Keynes
- Missing girl from Milton Keynes found safe and well
- Catch up on all the week's top news in Milton Keynes
- Passenger complaints at London Midland falls by 73 per cent
- Milton Keynes Bus Timetables
- Car Boots in Milton Keynes
- Which takeaways in Milton Keynes are scored 'zero' or 'one' by the Food Standards Agency?
- Social media campaign after The Bletchley Circle reportedly axed by ITV
- GALLERY: Interviews with Bletchley Circle stars about series two of the ITV drama
- Milton Keynes specialist says new planning court to fast-track cases will not work