With over 13 weeks of school holidays through out the year, it's tough keeping your children active and stimulated during their time off. Check this page for up to date events, activities and ideas to help keep boredom at bay and your sanity in tact! You will also find other useful information such as childcare solutions, school term dates and advice on keeping safe when out and about in Milton Keynes.
What's on in the school holidays
A BLETCHLEY firm has won the acclaim of Google with an application that could revolutionise the emergency services.
If you’re aged between 14 and 16 and are fascinated by history, science, engineering or technology, join IWM Duxford’s two-day Summer Camp on Tuesday 12 and Wednesday 13 August.
Once again, two national treasures, Cadbury and the National Trust are joining forces to bring chocolate-flavoured egg-citement to the Easter holiday at Stowe
The spectacular Bletchley Park Maze which disappeared at the beginning of World War II has been recreated digitally for visitors to explore at The National Museum of Computing on Bletchley Park over Easter.
Families with young children are in for a treat this Easter with Milton Keynes’ children’s play centre, 360 Play, offering a host of fun and entertaining activities over the Easter weekend and throughout the school holidays.
- Bird lovers can get creative this half term at Frosts Garden Centre MK
- Fossil hunting fun with The Parks Trust this half term
- Get inspired by the 2014 Winter Olympics at Snozone Milton Keynes
- Head down to the Theatre District for Christmas Family Fun
- Milton Keynes Museum hosts 3 events over the holidays
- Children set to get out and play for the 26th national Playday
The Children & Families Information Service provides free and impartial information on all aspects of childcare. They have collated a list of local activities for young people.
Celebrate the summer holidays in rope swinging style at Aerial Extreme's outdoor adventure ropes course next to Willen Lake.
During the summer holidays at MK Gallery, children can work with professional artists to explore the current exhibitions through different media and materials.
Whatever the weather, The Parks Trust has always got an event on to get you out in our lovely parks.
Check here for a full list of school term and holiday dates for schools in and around Milton Keynes this year and next.
There are lots of things to do in Milton Keynes that don't cost a fortune. One of the best ways to explore the city is on a bike which is always great fun.
If you've got to work, we've got some of the best childcare listings here.
There are many opportunities in the Milton Keynes area to get fully involved in this exciting sport.
Milton Keynes Sailing Club MKSC was formed in 1978 with the primary objective of promoting the sport of sailing.
At Milton Keynes Museum you can experience how the lives of ordinary people have changed over the past two hundred years.
Over one million visitors come to South Willen Lake each year to play, eat, sail, jog and attend events.
A Guide to help parents and carers choose children's activities
Why not check out the latest blockbusters during the holidays? Use our film listings for Cineworld and Odeon to help decide what to see, where and when.
Information and contact details for local sports and activity clubs in Milton Keynes, from Archery to Watersports, can be found in our A-Z of sport.
- Police confirm 20-year-old woman in serious condition after getting into difficulties in Blue Lagoon, Bletchley
- UPDATE: Young woman airlifted to hospital after swimming in Blue Lagoon in Bletchley
- BREAKING: Police attend Blue Lagoon in Bletchley after person 'gets into difficulties' in water
- CCTV released after rape at Premier Inn in Milton Keynes city centre
- UPDATE: Missing woman Kim Price from Milton Keynes