The Grand Union Canal gently winds its way through Milton Keynes creating a haven of tranquility in a busy, bustling city.
Grand Union Canal in Milton Keynes
Struggling to think of ways to keep the kids occupied without spending a small fortune? Fed up with your daily trip to the park? It's the same old story and usually only a matter of time before they start complaining they're bored!
The vision is to build a broad waterway which will be part of a linear water park from Milton Keynes to Bedford.
There are many traditional and modern watering holes lining the banks of the Grand Union Canal as it meanders through Milton Keynes.
There's nothing quite like messing about on the river. Hire a boat and take a trip along the Grand Union Canal.
The walk begins North of the city at the Iron Trunk Aquaduct and follows the canal south towards Fenny Stratford.
Peartree Bridge Marina is in the heart of Milton Keynes, nestling beside the Grand Union Canal.
Housed in a restored corn mill on the bank of the Grand Union Canal, the museum collection vividly portrays the heritage of 200 years of inland waterways.
There's so much to do canal side, so it's not surprising there are dedicated canal websites to help you find the best day out for you.
- Fire spreads to two houses in Bradwell Common, Milton Keynes
- Top 5 excuses for not eating healthily and how to overcome them
- Spanish giants hoping to raid Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea
- 'Don't hide keys outside home' urge police after burglary in Downs Barn, Milton Keynes
- Police confirm 20-year-old woman in serious condition after getting into difficulties in Blue Lagoon, Bletchley