We are a group of writers who love the written and spoken word. A group with a great variety of writing. Some only write poems, some never write poems. Some write books while others write letters. Short story writers mingle with feature article writers. Some don't write at all - but like to hear others read their work. Sometimes we will have a visit from the world of literature - a poet, author, publisher etc.
Speakeasy have changed their postal address.Find all the contact details you need for Speakeasy here.
Have you enjoyed reading this site or do you have a moan or a gripe? If so, we'd love to hear your comments.
Latest Contributions, Competitions and News
- As Light Fades
- Courses in the Spanish mountains
- Spring courses for writers & painters
- The Peacock Brooch
- Inspiration if you're stuck
- Glad Game
- New from Thomas Dade
- Judges Report - Comp 2012
- Autumn Courses in the Spanish mountains
- New Poetry Competitions
Requests from Speakeasy
Writers, have you got some news that you would like to tell us about such as: a new book coming out; some book singings; a radio or TV broadcast coming up; perhaps a new book deal; or any other news you want others to know about?
If you are running writing courses, workshops or holidays, we want to know about them. Please email us and we'll try to put it on this website.
Are you in a writers' group? Speakeasy is always keen to publicise other writers' groups' news, competitions and events - hopefully it will be reciprocal. Please email Speakeasy and we will try to include it on this website.
Speakeasy are looking for new work to publish on this site. Have you a poem or two, or maybe a short story?
Speakeasy meets on the first Friday of each month at the Quaker Centre, 1 Oakley Gardens, Downhead Park, Milton Keynes 7.30 - 10.15pm. Find out more ...
Recently popular novelist Sarah Duncan told Speakeasy how winning our competition pushed her into a writing career. Here is her story...
Have you got a moan or a gripe or a comment on the literary scene? Speakeasy always appreciates your feedback.
Search our business listings
- Milton Keynes girl wins world record for largest collection of Moshi Monsters
- Four win through to impress celebrity chef at Art in the Park, Milton Keynes
- Government announces decision to increase speed limit for lorries on single carriageways
- The Dreamboys strip off at Milton Keynes Theatre for one night only
- Popular head teacher John O'Donnell bids farewell to The Radcliffe School